CARING FOR CATS INC.
RENTAL INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS OF A POTENTIAL ADOPTER
Thank you for your interest in adopting a cat from our organization. Before we can finalize the adoption, we will need the following details outlined below. If you would like to download this information as a PDF document, please CLICK HERE.
A POTENTIAL ADOPTER IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE CFC WITH THE FOLLOWING RENTAL INFORMATION BEFORE AN ADOPTION CAN BE PROCESSED ON ANY OF OUR CATS:
- The LEASEE will provide CFC with a hard copy (we don’t accept an emailed copy) of their RENTAL LEASE/PET ADDENDUM directly related to the LESSOR allowing a cat(s) in the rental unit/living space.
- The RENTAL LEASE/PET ADDENDUM must indicate the number of pets/cats allowed (and age limit if applicable) in the rental unit/living space and if there is a “declaw policy.”
- The RENTAL LEASE/PET ADDENDUM must indicate whether there is a pet security/damage deposit and monthly pet rental fee (if applicable) to be paid to the LESSOR.
- The LEASEE will provide CFC with a hard copy of the RENTAL LEASE/PET ADDENDUM for our records with the following included:
- documentation that the pet security/damage deposit and pet rental fee (if applicable) have been paid,
- signatures of both the LEASEE and LESSOR and dated with the current date,
- NOTE-a blank rental copy will not be accepted.
- If the RENTAL LEASE does not have a PET ADDENDUM, the LESSOR may authorize the LEASEE to have a cat(s) in their rental property by typing up a letter. If that is the case, the letter MUST INDICATE:
- how many pets/cats are allowed,
- if the cat must be declawed,
- an age limit on the cat (if applicable),
- if there is a security/damage deposit requirement, the amount, and whether it has been paid,
- if there is an additional monthly pet/cat rental fee, the amount, and whether it has been paid,
- the name and address of the LESSOR matching the RENTAL LEASE.
The LEASEE will provide CFC with a hard copy of the RENTAL LEASE and PET AUTHORIZATION LETTER for our records with the signatures of the LEASEE and LESSOR on the letter along with the current date.
- A copy of the LEASEE’S yearly RENTAL LEASE from the LESSOR without any mention of allowing pets/cats on the premises/rental unit is NOT acceptable.
- A letter from a LEASEE’S doctor for a therapy/emotional support animal is NOT acceptable. Such a letter from the doctor is intended for the LEASEE to the LESSOR and NOT to CFC.
This has been prepared by Caring for Cats Inc., an all-volunteer, no-kill shelter and foster network for cats and kittens located at 2550 7th Ave E, North Saint Paul, MN 55109. Phone: 651-407-8485
STAY IN TOUCH
Get the inside scoop on upcoming events, shelter news, and kitty antics! Subscribe today!
Follow us on your favorite social media channel below.